Alice Smith

Alice Smith Who? Ok rewind to about 5 years ago, Is what I said when my husband told me we were going to NYC's Joe's Pub to see this girl that a friend of his in DC told him to check out. I'm always down for adventure so I rode the 2 hour drive to see this so called artist. Joe's Pub was a cool spot with an amazing little stage and they announced this Alice Smith. When she approached the stage she had beautiful bouncy natural pressed hair and of course that's the first thing I notice I'm a stylist. This light skinned slim beautiful woman with red lips introduces herself and starts singing "Dream". When I tell you the band starting playing this melody reminding me of a 70's song and then she belted out this song and I was in love!!
Fast forward to this past Thursday at Tin's Alley a small intimate bar setting where Alice Smith played with just a drummer a base player and a guitarist. It was feel good music! A mix of blues, soul, and a touch of rock.We were up close and personal and this girl can really sannnng!! I guarantee anyone who sees her live will fall in love with this girl. She promises there will be an album out sometime in February 2013.

If you don't know or have never heard of Alice Smith.... get to know her!!

Comments

Popular Posts