Why Are The Dominicans Stealing Our Business?

You see them on every urban corner, establishing themselves in our local area. Where there once was a thriving business for us in the Beauty Industry is now replaced with Dominican Blow Out Shops. I can't even call them salons because most of them do not practice Salon ethics. There in every hood, city, town, and now malls. It seems like they just starting popping up like weeds. Where did they come from? And how did we allow this to happen? Dominicans are taking over our business! I'm not in the business of knocking anyone's hustle but, it kills me to see us run to the Dominicans because of cheaper prices, wait time, or the latest fad. Some of them don't even speak English and not to mention what they do to our hair with all that heat, but still we continue to go. Ladies, we do have a choice to do better, have better, and be treated better. Don't judge every Salon or Stylist by your one bad experience and run to the Dominicans because its dirt cheap. I must say you get what you pay for. I know alot of us have been pushed to the Dominicans because some wait too long to be serviced,or some prices are absolutely ridiculous, or you just want to try something new. There are Stylists out here that actually care about your inner being and your hair, you just haven't found her/him yet. Please give us a chance or least your hair a chance because after going to the Dominicans for about 6months to a year, guaranteed DAMAGE!! There are salons that offer a calm relaxing atmosphere without a long wait, and there are stylists who specialize in healthy hair care and won't jack up your hair in the process with excessive heat and lame product use. I know because I am one of those stylists. I believe in my industry, I take time to educate myself and my clients about the importance of Beautiful Healthy Hair. So, do yourself a favor, no do your hair a favor and find yourself a good reliable hairstylist, IT"S WORTH IT!!

Comments

Popular Posts